The key to health from fats lies in ingesting the essential ones in the proper ratio. Udo's 369 Oil Blend is a special blend of carefully chosen, natural, certified organic, unrefined, Essential Fatty Acid-rich oils the Good fats.
- Derived from fresh, certified organic flax, sesame, sunflower and evening primrose seeds as well as oils from rice and oat germ
- Added organic GMO-free soy lecithin, which improves oil digestion and provides the building materials for healthy cell membranes
- Contains medium chain triglycerides, which are easy to digest and assimilate and can be used directly by our cells as a source of energy without increasing fat deposits.
- Moisturises and softens the skin
- Helps prevent wrinkle formation and collagen loss
- Produces radiant skin, hair and nails
- Supports the immune system
- Helps maintain healthy and supple joints
- Helps repair dry and irritated skin
- Supports weight management *
- Maximises physical performance and endurance
- Boosts strength
- Speeds recovery from intense training
- Supports healthy immune function
- Minimises joint, tendon & ligament strain
- Helps repair damaged tissues
*when used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise program.
More product details
Essential nutrients are substances our body cannot make but requires to function normally and therefore has to get them from foods. Two come from fats and oils (The other 48 are vitamins, minerals, and essential amino acids from proteins). The two from fats are the essential fatty acids. One is alpha-linolenic acid (omega 3): the other is linoleic acid (omega 6). Both are sensitive to destruction by light, oxygen, and high temperature. This is why they are damaged and become quite toxic when we fry them.
Udo's 369 Oil Blend is a special blend of carefully chosen, natural, unrefined, Essential Fatty Acid-rich oils.
ALA to EPA conversion (8-20%) = 1040-2600 mg EPA/day
ALA to DHA conversion (0.5-9%) = 65-1170 mg DHA/day
* based on 2 tablespoons Udo's Choice 369 Oil Blend per day (= 13 g Omega-3 ALA/day)
Udo uses unrefined evening primrose oil instead of borage oil to provide omega-6 GLA in his formula. Unrefined borage contains naturally occurring toxins; to remove the toxins, borage oil must undergo refinement, disrupting the integrity of the GLA. Udo's Oil only contains unrefined oils.
No chemicals: All of the ingredients are grown and processed without chemicals.
Ecologically friendly: Plant-sourced omegas in non-leaching amber glass bottles for optimum stability and protection from light.
Udo's Oil Blend is pressed and filtered in a state-of-the-art, low heat, light and oxygen-free environment to maximise stability and provide nutritional value and freshness. Udo's Oil Blend is packaged in safe, environmentally friendly amber glass bottles and packed in a box to further protect the ingredients and ensure the highest possible quality. It is kept refrigerated in storage.
Udo's Choice 369 Oil Blend has been a consistent winner of the Canadian Natural Health Industry's annual Alive awards competition. Since 1996 Udo's Choice has recieved 10 Gold awards in various categories in the annual alive Awards of Excellence competition.
Udo's Choice Oil Blend wins "Best Product Of The Year" Award in Denmark - 2006.
Q & A
Q: If the oil tastes bitter does that mean the oil is rancid?
A: Variations in taste for unrefined vegetable seed oils is very normal and to be expected. Hints of bitterness are not signs of rancidity but due to the growing conditions and region from where the seeds are harvested. Northern hemisphere seeds certainly taste different from the southern half of the globe. If the oil were rancid, the consumer would likely not even be able to keep it in their mouth or swallow it; that's how bad it would taste. Every single batch of Udo's oil is tested both organoleptically and chemically so you can be assured of the highest quality.
Storage Instructions: Keep product refrigerated or frozen. When frozen 12 months shelf life from date of manufacture.
Always read the label and use as directed.