Soymilk is the rich creamy milk of whole soybeans. Offering a unique sweet, nutty flavor and valuable nutrients, soymilk can be used in many ways. Soymilk is available as a plain unflavored beverage.
Soymilk can be used in almost any way that dairy milk is used. Enjoy plain or flavored soymilk by the glass or pour over hot or cold cereal. You can also use soymilk to make cholesterol-free cream soups and sauces. Baking with soymilk is another option. Replace dairy milk with soymilk in cakes, breads and cookies. Use soymilk in pancake and waffle batters. Try soymilk in place of evaporated milk in custards, puddings and pumpkin pies. Also, use soymilk to create delicious shakes and smoothies.
Making Soymilk With Your SoyQuick Soymilk Maker
- Using included measuring cup, measure one level cup of dry soybeans (100g).
- In a large bowl, wash soybeans thoroughly and rinse with fresh water. Repeat 3 times until water is clear. Cover beans with 2-3 inches of water and soak 8-10 hours at room temperature. Soaking overnight is most convenient. After soaking, be sure to wash your soybeans thoroughly.
- Fill jug with water up to the maximum water fill level.
- Place all soaked soybeans directly into filter cup and re-attach filter cup to machine head.
- Position machine head onto jug and place in a safe position.
- Attach power cord. (Appliance will beep and power indicator light will be green.)
- Press only the START button. The appliance will automatically start the cycle. This process takes 13-15 minutes. Multiple audio beeps with a flashing power light indicate the cycle is completed.
Helpful tips and suggestions
- Make extra strong soymilk by filling the jug only to the minimum water fill level.
- The soy pulp left in the filter cup is called okara. Okara is an excellent source of natural food fiber that can be added to many recipes.
- Premium soymilk is made from pre-soaked soybeans. This method gives you the best quality and taste.
- Soymilk can be used in all your favorite recipes requiring milk.
- Keep soymilk refrigerated and use within 7-10 days to ensure freshness.
The best quality soymilk is made from presoaked and washed soybeans. The benefits of soaking and washing the soybeans include the following:
Nutritional Analysis of Homemade Soymilk
Per 8.5 oz of soymilk using 100 grams dried soybeans mature seeds raw and 1.6 quarts of water
Nutritional values will differ depending on the type of soybeans and water used.
|Fatty acids, total saturated
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
|Panthotenic acid (B5)
If you like the taste of store-bought soymilk, here are some suggestions to help make your fresh homemade soymilk taste like your favorite brand.
After making a batch of fresh soymilk, filter the milk through a fine filter, such a permanent type "gold" filter. Press the solids against the mesh screen to squeeze out all the liquid.
- Add ½ teaspoon of sea salt and 2 to 3 tablespoons of organic sugar.
- This makes a very smooth, and slightly sweet milk.
- After making a batch of fresh, hot soymilk, add ¼ teaspoon sea salt, 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar and 3 tablespoons of barley malt and mix well.
- After making a batch of fresh, hot soymilk, add ¼ teaspoon sea salt and 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup and mix well